Cinema and Television Arts (CTVA) Community
CTVA Community is a valuable on-campus residential learning experience available to students who have declared a major or a minor in Cinema and Television Arts (CTVA). Students from other majors, who have an interest in film and TV, are eligible to be residents in the community as well. The community brings together students who are passionate about film and television and who hope to work in the industry in either: Management, Production, Writing, or Critical Studies. Student residents will have the unique opportunity to interact, build a strong sense of community through purposeful interactions with other students, staff, faculty, and administrators.
As a benefit, students will participate in guest presentations, industry mixers, meals with professors, film screenings, and linked activities with the College of Communications Student Success Team (SST), such as major and career advising. Connection in the film and television industry is essential. This theme community allows you to begin building your network now!
BENEFITS OF RESIDENCY:
- Live and learn in a fun and creative environment
- Build your professional network with your peers who have the same professional interests in the television and cinema industry as you
- Involvement in college based curricular and co-curricular collaborative interactions with other students, faculty, and staff
- Increase your verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience higher academic achievement and persistence
- Increase awareness and utilization of college and University resources
- Residents will Learn, Connect and Grow
- Attend a minimum of 4 CTVA Community events per semester
- Engage in creative scholarly and academic activities with the community
- Interact and network with your CTVA Community peers
- Respect and follow University and Student Housing rules and expectations
- 44 first time freshmen
- Co-ed floor with 24 double occupancy rooms
- Each wing (4 rooms) will be gender dedicated for 8 residents, 2 per room
- Residents will share a community bathroom with seven other residents (Has two of each - shower stalls, sinks and commodes)
- Active (TV, gaming, etc.) and passive (study) community rooms for residents to use
Visit the Housing and Residential Engagement.
When completing the Housing application, select Living on Campus option: Theme Communities – Cinema and Television Arts (CTVA) Community