The principal objective of the journalism concentration is to provide the skills and practice necessary for careers in the electronic media.
Specifically, the concentration objectives are:
(1) to provide experience in writing and producing multi-media news stories;
(2) to develop skills in reporting and news gathering techniques;
(3) to develop critical acumen necessary to check news stories for accuracy and correctness;
(4) to provide actual on-the-job experience by working for campus media outlets and through internships, and
(5) to add breadth and depth to the professional's specialized skills through a minor or collateral courses.
Students interested in declaring a Minor in Journalism should see the Communications Department Minors web page.