Research and Teaching Areas
COMD 475 Introduction to Fluency Disorders
COMD 476 Clinical Methods and Procedures
COMD 478 Counseling Skills in Communication Disorders
COMD 500 Research in Communication Disorders
COMD 501 Seminar in Speech-Language Pathology
COMD 543 Seminar in Swallowing Disorders
COMD 558A Adult Clinic
COMD 558B Diagnostic Clinic
COMD 571 Seminar in Fluency Disorders
- Examining the rate of speech in the speech of fluent and nonfluent speakers.
- Pausing as fluency strategies for people who stutter.
- Cultivating cultural humanity and competence via high impact practices.
- Promoting undergraduate research via peer-to-peer mentoring.
- Recruitment of students to the SLP from non-mainstream communities.
- Community outreaches: Speech and hearing screenings and education.
- Providing client-centered holistic services via interprofessional education and collaborative practices.