Scholarship – NBCU Academy Fellows
Amount: up to $10,000
Established by: This scholarship is established by NBCUniversal News Group and the Comcast Corporation to support NBCU Academy, a multi-platform training program for journalism. NBCU Academy has provided the Department of Communications funding for 25 $10,000 scholarships/fellowships for CSUF journalism students over two years. Scholarship funds may be used for students’ field reporting and equipment, student housing, tuition subsidies and books/academic materials. Recipients will be designated “NBCU Academy Fellows.”
Phase 1 included nine scholarships for the 2021-2022 academic year. Phase 2 will include 16 scholarships for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Open to: This scholarship is open to students pursuing a Communications-journalism degree who will be junior or senior standing as of Fall 2022.
• Demonstrated financial need
• Track record of academic achievement (GPA of 2.85 or higher)
• Commitment to working in support of issues related to diversity, equity, and inclusion;
• Record and/or commitment to creating content reflective of diverse communities that provide insight into contemporary challenges.
• Commitment to account for scholarship spending in alignment with criteria.
Submit the following in one .pdf:
1. Application essay of 800 to 1200 words that addresses above criteria
3. Links to up to five relevant journalistic work samples
4. Copy of Titan Degree Audit (TDA)
Instructions for Submitting: Please submit the application materials to email@example.com by 5 p.m. Friday, June 10, 2022.
Application Deadline: Friday, June 10, 2022, 5 p.m.
Selection Timeline: Students should expect notification by July 1, 2022.
How Scholarships Can Affect Your Financial Aid Awards: As a financial aid recipient, you understand that funds received from outside sources or agency for educational expenses (i.e., scholarships fee waivers, Voc Rehab assistance, etc.) will be coordinated with all other aid offered and that the coordination of these additional resources may result in retroactive changes to the types and amounts of financial aid initially offered by California State University, Fullerton.
Disclaimer: Federal regulations require students to notify the Office of Financial Aid of any scholarships and/or stipends they are receiving, which includes awards issued by academic departments and those paid directly to the student. Upon notification, all financial aid funds - this includes scholarships/stipends - must be considered when determining your eligibility for all other financial aid award(s). Speak with a financial aid counselor to discuss the impact on your financial aid award package.