- Council on Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders (CAPCSD) Leadership Academy 2015
- Celebrating Incredible Titan Residents Under the Sun (CITRUS) Awards 2011, CSUF
- Faculty Recognition: Teacher Scholars (recognition in the category of Sponsoring Student Research and Creative Activities), May 2011
- Outstanding Educator of the Year Award, Associated Students, Inc., CSUF, April 2011
- Faculty Recognition: Scholarly & Creative Activity, Spring 2010
- Outstanding Senior Honors Project Mentor, Spring 2010
- Diversity Travel Award, International Meeting for Autism Research (May 2009, Chicago, IL), International Society of Autism Research (INSAR)
- Outstanding Faculty Recognition: Service (Spring 2009).
- Outstanding Faculty Recognition Teacher-Scholar (recognition in the Category of Sponsoring Student Research and Creative Activities (Spring 2008)
- International Travel Award, International Meeting for Autism Research (May 2008, London), INSAR
- Scholarship to attend the Autism Diagnostic Interview-Revised training at the University of Michigan(March 2007)
- Outstanding Faculty Recognition for Scholarly & Creative Activity, CSUF (Spring 2007)
- Diversity Travel Award, International Meeting for Autism Research (May 2007, Seattle, WA), INSAR
- Diversity Travel Award, International Meeting for Autism Research (May, 2006,Montreal Canada), INSAR
CSUF Senior Intramural Grant (Spring 2015).
a) CSUF Incentive Intramural Research grant (Spring 2013)
Health Promotion Research Institute mini grant (Spring 2012) A Cross-Cultural Comparative Study on English-Korean Autism Screening Tests ($1500)
Senior Research Award (Spring 2011, $5000) Breaking Barriers, Building Bridges: The Perspective of Asian American Parent and Professionals.
Health Promotion Research Institute mini grant (Spring 2010)
a) FDC Faculty/Student Research Intramural grant Program (Spring 2009) Student: Julia Ye-Jin Shin ($1000)
a) Yen N. Do Scholarly Research Fund, College of Communication, CSUF
CIES Fulbright Senior Scholar grant, U.S. Department of State, Fall 2012. A cross-cultural comparative study on English-Korean autism screening tests ($24,000)
Korea Research Foundation (#H00013), The relation between language and theory of mind in Korean and English: Evidence from normal and Autistic children (co-investigator, PI: Hyeonjin Lee, Ph.D).